1. 1. For the purposes of this announcement, the following definitions shall apply:
2. The admission procedures are presented in Resolution No. 14/2019 of the Senate of Lodz University of Technology of 29 May 2019 establishing rules and procedures for admission to the Interdisciplinary Doctoral School of Lodz University of Technology in the academic year 2019/2020 and can be found at IDS website in Regulations and guidelines.
3. The training program at IDS is presented in Resolution No. 13/2019 of the Senate of Lodz University of Technology of 29 May 2019 establishing training program at Interdisciplinary Doctoral School of Lodz University of Technology and can be found at IDS website in Regulations and guidelines.
4. The regulations of IDS are presented in Resolution No. 89/2019 of the Senate of Lodz University of Technology of 29 May 2019 establishing regulation of the Interdisciplinary Doctoral School of Lodz University of Technology and can be found at IDS website in Regulations and guidelines.
IDS is www.ids.p.lodz.pl.
2. Registration of Applicants to IDS runs from od 5th of August 2019 to 9th of September 2019.
3. The Applicant to IDS registers in the RP of the Lodz University of Technology by:
a) setting up an account in RP,
b) completing the form,
c) selection of one discipline in which the training program at IDS will be conducted,
d) generating an application for admission to IDS.
4. The generated application from the RP system shall be attached to the recruitment documents of the Applicant.
5. In case of technical problems (problems with registration through the RP) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org; with other problems the candidate is asked to contact the IDS Office at email@example.com.
Documents shall be submitted from 9:00 to 15:00 from Monday to Friday.
The deadline for submitting documents is September 9, 2019 at 15:00.
2. In the case of foreign Applicants it is allowed to send a set of documents (understood as colour scans of originals of all documents included in the Admission procedures to IDS – point I.2 and present Course and schedule of admission to IDS, delivered in pdf) by e-mail to the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with notice "Application to IDS" within the deadline specified in point 1.
The deadline for submitting documents by e-mail is September 9, 2019 at 15:00.
Recruitment documents that will not contain all necessary and correct attachments will not be considered to admission.
3. Recruitment documents of Applicants non-qualified to IDS (submitted in paper form) can be picked up in person within 21 days from the announcement of results from the IDS Office. After this date, the documents will be destroyed.
4. IDS Office is available for Applicants with disabilities.
5. Additional obligatory documents apart from those mentioned in the Admission procedures to IDS (I.2) shall be submitted together with recruitment documents:
a. signed declaration according to Annex 2,
b. 2 photos in passport format.
6. Applicants who have completed their MA studies but do not have yet a graduation diploma when submitting recruitment documents to IDS, shall submit together with the recruitment documents a certificate from the Dean's Office (or the University) stating the grade "on the diploma". Applicant is required to deliver the diploma as soon as it is received. Applicants are asked to inquire in their Dean's office about the need to issue such a certificate at least a few days in advance.
7. Applicants referred to in point 2 and 6 who have been qualified to IDS take the oath when they provide all the required documents.
1. Interviews will be held from 11 to 16 September 2019.
2. The exact dates and places of interviews for individual disciplines will be published until September 6, 2019 on IDS website.
3. Detailed criteria for the evaluation of interviews are set out in Annex 3.
4. The appointment of Recruitment Commissions for individual disciplines will take place until August 12, 2019, and the publication of personal compositions of and contact details to the Recruitment Commission will take place until August 16, 2019.
1. The results of the admission procedure for individual disciplines will be published by September 23, 2019 on IDS website
Applicants with disability or chronic illness.
1. Applicants with disabilities or chronic diseases whose health precludes participation in the interview shall submit a request with substantiation to the Committee on Needs-Based Support for People with Disabilities of TUL no later than until August 12, 2019.
The Office for Persons with Disabilities TUL
Zeromskiego str. 116 , 90-924 Lodz, (Budynek A30, kampus A)
tel.: (42) 631 28 87; (42) 631 38 87
2. Detailed rules of procedure for granting support are laid down in the Regulations for granting needs-based support from the funds allocated to the university for actions aimed at providing people with disabilities with equal opportunity in admissions to degree programs, doctoral schools, and research (Article 365 point 6 of the statutory act of 20 July 2018 r. – Law on Higher Education and Science) (Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland of 2018, Item 1668, as amended) in effect at Lodz University of Technology.
Referral to IDS admission process - regulations in the transition period
3. Persons referred to as in Article 186 point 2 of the statutory act of 20 July 2018 r. – Law on Higher Education and Science ) (Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland of 2018, Item 1668, as amended) in effect at Lodz University of Technology, including beneficiaries of the "Diamond Grant" program, shall submit an application for permission to enter the recruitment to IDS in the academic year 2019/20 to the Recruitment Committee for the relevant discipline until August 23, 2019.
4. The application contains a description of circumstances indicating the highest quality of the candidate's scientific achievements, copies of materials confirming their occurrence and positive opinion of the candidate's academic advisor or supervisor (applies to first-cycle or uniform Master's studies) and contact details, including the candidate's and the mentioned advisor’s or supervisor’s email addresses.
5. The Recruitment Committee give the decision with substantiation and forwards it to the Applicant electronically to the email address indicated in the application and to the IDS Office within 14 days of submitting the application.
6. The positive decision shall be attached to the recruitment documents of the Applicant. The negative decision does not entitle the Applicant to take part in admission to IDS.
Selection of scientific advisor from outside of TUL - regulations in the transition period
7. At the submission stage of the recruitment documents, the Applicant is obliged to indicate a scientific advisor.
8. It is allowed to select a scientific advisor from outside of TUL. In this case, the Applicant shall submit the application for consent to the selection of a scientific advisor from outside of TUL to the Head of the relevant Discipline by 12 August 2019 at the latest. The application includes a substantiation, a list of scientific achievements and the scientific profile of the indicated advisor as well as the email addresses of the Applicant and the proposed advisor. The personal list of Heads of Disciplines at the TUL and the place where documents must be submitted are in Annex 4.
9. The application is submitted together with a statement in accordance with Annex 3 to Resolution No. 14/2019 of the Senate of Lodz University of Technology of 29 May 2019 establishing rules and procedures for admission to the Interdisciplinary Doctoral School of Lodz University of Technology in the academic year 2019/2020 on the declaration of the scientific advisor to exercise the scientific supervision over the Applicant and the consent of the head of the unit to carry out a dissertation in a given unit.
10. The Head of Discipline gives a recommendation (positive or negative) with substantiation and submits it to the Rector of TUL within 14 days of submitting the application.
11. The Rector of TUL within 7 days of submitting the recommendation from the Head of the Discipline gives a decision and forwards it to the IDS Office.
12. The IDS Office submits the decision to the Applicant electronically to the email address indicated in the application.
13. The positive decision shall be attached to the recruitment documents. In the case of a negative decision, the Applicant may apply for consent to select another scientific advisor from outside of TUL or choose one from TUL, but in both cases within the required time limits. Arrangement for the candidacy of a scientific advisor from outside of TUL or the selection of one from TUL is a prerequisite for taking part in the admission process to IDS.
14. The Head of Discipline may recommend an additional academic advisor from TUL for such Applicant.
15. In the case of a negative decision, an additional advisor from TUL indicated in this decision may act as the main scientific advisor of the Applicant, provided that she or he agrees. In this case, the Applicant is required to attach to the recruitment documents a statement in accordance with Annex 3 (as in point VI.9).
16. In justified cases, it is allowed to conduct a distance interview using electronic means of communication, enabling simultaneous direct transmission of image and sound.
17. In this situation, the Applicant submits the application to the Recruitment Committee for the relevant discipline by 4th of September 2019 at the latest. The application includes request for distance admission interview and email addresses of the candidate.
18. The answer includes an indication of the method, tools, day and time of the designated distance admission interview.
19. Please check the attachments.