Announcement No 3/2020 of the Rector of Lodz University of Technology of 13 March 2020
issued under Ordinance No 21/2020 of the Rector of Lodz University of Technology of 9 March 2020 on specific arrangements related to prevention, counteracting and combating COVID-19
at Lodz University of Technology
- In view of the obligation to ensure the safety of students, doctoral students and employees staying on the premises of Lodz University of Technology, including persons accommodated in student dormitories, following the analysis of threats related to the spread of SARS-CoV-2 based on the information and recommendations of the Chief Sanitary Inspector, including in particular teaching and educational institutions, higher education institutions and cultural and artistic education institutions of 12.03.2020 that recommends that student dormitories are vacated - I hereby oblige students, doctoral students and employees accommodated in student dormitories of Lodz University of Technology and having their permanent place of residence in the territory of the Republic of Poland to leave their accommodation and return to their permanent place of residence until 16 March 2020, 10 p.m. for the period of suspension of didactic classes at TUL, referred to in the Rector's Announcement No. 1/2020 of 9 March 2020.
- Persons who cannot vacate their accommodation due to special circumstances may apply to the Head of the Academic Housing Estate for permission to remain in the dormitory. The substantiated applications must be submitted to the Head of the appropriate dormitory by 10 p.m. on 16 March 2020. The decision on conditional stay at the place of accommodation shall be made by the Head of the Academic Housing Estate by 18 March 2020. The decision of the Head of the Academic Housing Estate is final and cannot be appealed against.
- The accommodation fee paid for the month of March will be included in the settlement of accommodation fees in the following months, except that no fee will be charged for the period of absence from accommodation referred to in paragraph 1.
- It is recommended that personal belongings are packed and marked so as to facilitate their moving, and that valuables are not left in the rooms.
- It is recommended that the rooms should be left clean and tidy. It is forbidden to leave food and waste in vacant rooms.
- Leaving the accommodation must be reported to the administration of the student's home and the keys to the occupied room must be returned.
- It is forbidden for persons accommodated in TUL student dormitories to organise any events, meetings, etc. in the area of TUL Academic Housing Estate. Violation of this prohibition shall result in immediate eviction.
- An absolute ban on outside visitors to student dormitories is introduced.
- In the event that Lodz University of Technology needs to provide a dormitory for emergency situations, the Head of the Academic Housing Estate has the right to relocate persons staying in dormitories conditionally to other rooms or dormitories. The decision of the Head of the Academic Housing Estate on relocation is immediately enforceable and final.
- The enforced measure referred to in paragraph 9 may also be carried out in the absence of a resident. In such a case, a committee appointed by the Head of the Academic Housing Estate shall document the furnishings of the room, and the personal belongings of the resident shall be transferred to a deposit.
- Failure to comply with these rules may result in disciplinary action.
- The provisions of the announcement enter into force on 13 March 2020.
Date of record:2020-03-16
Date of actualization: