Staff Mobility program of ECIU.
Report from the staff training mobility in the framework of ECIU|
Participant: Agnieszka Michalowska-Dutkiewicz, Lodz University of Technology, Educational Affairs Department, Poland
Host institution: Universite de Technologie Compiegne, France
I was very warmly welcomed at the UTC and had a possibility to meet many staff members of the different backgrounds and to discuss the issues of international cooperation, internationalization, possibilities of future cooperation, problems of UTC and applied solutions.
1). ECIU presentation
Meeting with Tanja Petelin- ECIU Graduate School, Martin Morgeneyer- ECIU coordinator and Kathrine Dirksen- ECIU Secretariat in Twente (via the video-conference).
I. Presentation of a possibility to have a longer staff training in the framework of ECIU during which the participants work on a project in a host university. This possibility is open to all the members of administration, including e.g. staff members of libraries.
II. Presentation of the ECIU consortium:
• It does not want to have more than 15 active members. Its members must be the universities of technology, with strong research and innovative approaches to teaching, closely linked to industry.
• At this very moment University of Stavanger in Norway is negotiating its membership.
• ECIU summer school. ECIU summer school will at the beginning take place at partner universities. Students will work on a movie dedicated to innovations. The first part will show how an innovation is understood in each country and then at each university underlining a national approach to the issue of innovations. Then one film will be made and students participating in the project will be invited to a weekend to a European city. The costs of their stay will be covered by ECIU.
• Presentation of ECIU graduate school and its “legal tool box”. The legal tool box will be very useful for all the partner universities as it will include all the information on national educational systems and internal regulations in every country. This in turn will enhance the understanding between the different partners and will facilitate the creation of double diplomas programs.
• Presentation of double diplomas which are now offered in the framework of ECIU consortium (in the framework of Erasmus Mundus, Action 1, Joint Master Courses).
- to find students who want to participate in the summer school project. Mr Martin Morgeneyer is its coordinator.
- To promote the possibility of ECIU staff trainings among TUL staff. .
2) Monitoring visit- a meeting with TUL’s Erasmus student- Maciej Wijkowski- IFE .
He is very much satisfied with his stay in France, has been completely integrated in the local environment and was awarded a grant from the region of Picardie.
3). Presentation of the UTC
Mrs Cornelia Marin- Head of the International Relations Office
• UTC is a university which combines higher education, research and industry,
• It is based on the best experiences from the USA, Germany and France.
• In 2005 the university created an educational platform in Chine (Shanghai) called UTSEUS in cooperation with two French HEIs (UTT and UTMB).
This program is for the Chinese students after GAUKAU (equivalent of final examinations). They study for three years either in French (French professors go regularly to China), either in Chinese or in English (courses given either by Chinese or French professors). After three years they are awarded a BENKU degree (equivalent of Bachelor). The best graduates go to France to continue their education on the second level.
The students of UTC can also go to China. Each year there are about 55 of them. In France at this moment there are 6 platforms like this one. This platform is for the moment open for students from Barcelona University and Jonkoping University.
- Think over a possibility to do a similar thing with TUL,
- Do our best to provide our students with a possibility to participate in these mobilities schemes on the same conditions as students from Barcelona University and Jonkoping University.
Author: Agnieszka Michalowska-Dutkiewicz
date of record:
date of actualization:
information was submited by: